Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Next Stop... Madison

"Every day is a new beginning, take a deep breath and start again."
As a vistarak you never know exactly where you are going next, who all you will meet, and how people are going to adjust with you. It felt as if I had taken a beep breath to get comfortable and, SIKE,  I'm going to a completely new place with new people...have fun! Sunday (of the first week), once the family camp was over, I took my bags and went to Madison. There was another young couple that I stayed with, Naveen Ji and Suvita Ji. To be honest, at first I thought, "oh boy, they seem super quite, I hope I don't overwhelm them and make them regret having me here...."
It took me 1 day, that's it. This family wasn't the quite shy type. Actually, Naveen Ji isn't to talkative but he isn't shy either, basically he talks enough to where he gets his point across. Suvita Ji was quite the talker. You would have to get comfortable with her first, and then she was just like any other friend of yours. We would tease each other and talk about almost anything! Sometimes I would take an hour break from my work to talk with her and end up spending all day just chitchatting!! Sanchit (7 year old son) and Sharanya (4 year old daughter), HA, oh boy they weren't shy at first or ever! If they had an opinion, they made it known! I remember and will never forget what Sharanya said to me. At dinner, one day, Sharanya asked me ",Your going to become a doctor right? That is so cool. You know something, I want to be just like you when I am older." Just thinking of the moment makes me want to tear up. Going into this (becoming a vistarak) I knew that I would have kids around and that I would be a role model to them, but when a child holds your hand and sincerely tells you that you are what they strive to be, god...there is really nothing like it.
Along the way I was able to meet many more parents and kids. Tanay, Sahaj, Soham, Sarayu, Sid, Shaurya, Shivam, and the list goes on!! At this point, I don't even know if I want to go back home! I mean this is home now too. They showed me the city and university which took my breath away. I guess for a Texan, you could say that Wisconsin in like a giant evergreen forest. Everywhere you look all you see is beautiful plants, greenery, and the weather is AMAZING! In a way, the people I have met so far were doing almost like an unspoken/unseen magic on me. Within 2 week I knew all the inside jokes and slang, how to tell how someone was feeling by their actions, and best of all, I knew that they cared. For me the word "care" carries a load of weight. When I say "care" I don't mean, "yeah they get me stuff to make sure I'm comfortable"... they actually went out of their way and make me feel apart of their own family, as if I have always known them. During this week (week 2) I began to get emotionally attached with those around me. I realized HOW MUCH I missed Gargi, Parth, Shriram Ji, and Anuradha Ji. More over, I also knew my heart was going to break when I would have to leave Madison. If I could have any one wish right now, it would be to take everyone I have met to come back to Texas with me! (I hate even the thought of it) I wont be able to hold myself together when I leave these kiddos behind. UGH can I have them all! hahahaha. I want to be there when the fall to pick them up. I want to spoil them and love them forever. I want to hold on to them and never let go.  











     

No comments:

Post a Comment